English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a disease: an illness, a sickness, a disorder, a physical condition
Scientists are researching a cure for this disease.
UK: Scientists are researching a cure for this disease.
US: Bruno has a terrible, terrible, terrible disease.
- "In order to prevent the transmission of diseases in the workplace, I have put in place a new initiative that will encourage people to wash their hands after using the bathroom. I am reluctant to reveal too much information regarding the protocol as it may compromise its effectiveness."
- "Nurse Baker : Well, there's a risk that your blood may contain infectious diseases such as HIV."
- "Nurse Baker : Listen, I'm not saying you've got any of these diseases, there's just a risk."
- "Although French cuisine contains a lot of saturated fat, the French tend to have an extremely low rate of heart disease, much lower than the United States for example."
- "Horatio : Yes, Anosmia is a terrible, terrible, terrible disease."
- "heart disease."
- "Doctors believe that drinking red wine in moderation prevents cancer, heart disease and other ailments."
- "An era of dance music, cheap cologne, innocent touching, and disease-free casual sex!"
- "For one thing, there are no wars, no global warming, and no diseases."
- "Insufficient or poor-quality sleep increases the risk of high blood pressure and heart disease, as well as the probability of making risky decisions."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Disease'? Share it with us!