English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a district: a sector, an area, a zone, a region
- "In the 1960s, the Haight-Ashbury district was the center of the hippie counterculture movement and "Flower Power"."
- "Brian : The Mission district?"
- "Well, I think the area you're looking for is the Castro District."
- "During the 1970s, the Castro district became the symbol of gay liberation, led by the activist Harvey Milk."
- "Hannah : The flat I'm buying is in the Mission district."
- "Rachid : It stands for "District of Columbia", Moira."
- "Today, at San Francisco's historic Bleeding Heart Theatre, in the heart of the Rainbow District, the Delavigne Corporation will announce its latest charitable endeavor."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'District'? Share it with us!