English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a district: a sector, an area, a zone, a region
- "Well, I think the area you're looking for is the Castro District."
- "Today, at San Francisco's historic Bleeding Heart Theatre, in the heart of the Rainbow District, the Delavigne Corporation will announce its latest charitable endeavor."
- "Hannah : The flat I'm buying is in the Mission district."
- "In the 1960s, the Haight-Ashbury district was the center of the hippie counterculture movement and "Flower Power"."
- "Rachid : It stands for "District of Columbia", Moira."
- "During the 1970s, the Castro district became the symbol of gay liberation, led by the activist Harvey Milk."
- "Brian : The Mission district?"
Still having difficulties with 'District'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'District'? Share it with us!