English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a (stock) dividend: a portion of a company's earnings as a bonus (paid in stock rather than cash)
- "If you, or any other shareholders are more concerned with short term gains and quick dividends, then you should invest somewhere else."
- "The Board is pleased to inform shareholders that the dividend per share will be 16.3¢."
- "This dividend will be paid on November 4th, just in time for the holiday season."
- "Our very healthy profits in the first half of this year will not only result in generous dividends for our shareholders, but will in large part be re-invested into generating even better results."
- "NET: $93 million Dividends"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Dividend'? Share it with us!