Definition Down under
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
"Down Under": Australia (or, rarely, New Zealand)
down under is a colloquial expression which means Australia and/or New Zealand.
to go down under to go to Australia (or New Zealand)
- "Voting is mandatory down under, and the law is applied rigorously."
- "This morning we are going down under."
- "It's the story of a young girl, growing up in a land, well, a land down under."
- "Mick : I know that Warbuckle has an exclusive contract with you in the States, but down under, he won't give us the time of day."
- "When you're down under"
- "We're going down under to Australia, where we're joined by Australian reporter Stephanie Irving."
- "It is Delavigne's biggest seller Down Under (in Australia), and has been among the most popular fragrances for men aged 25-40 until recently."
Still having difficulties with 'Down under'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Down under'? Share it with us!