English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to drown: to die by being submerged in water; to flood, to saturate
He was underwater for nearly a minute and we thought he had drowned, but fortunately he was saved.
UK: We thought that he had drowned but fortunately he was saved.
US: On Saturday night I am going to drown myself in my sorrows.
- "Moira : Next, we'll be speaking to the wife of the man who drowned himself in the kitchen sink."
- "Have you ever seen a fish drown?"
- "After all, I once sold a drowning man a bottle of water."
- "Brian : Look, I have fingers, not fins, and if you observe closely, you'll see that I'm slowly drowning."
- "All the world is drowning."
Still having difficulties with 'Drown'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Drown'? Share it with us!