English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a duty: an obligation, a responsibility, a commitment
Many Americans believe that it is their duty to vote. They feel it is a real obligation.
- "I will not be giving the tour to Mr. Warbuckle personally, because this is not one of my duties as a personal assistant."
- "Sigourney : Well Bruno, it's my duty as a journalist to report on the facts."
- "It is my sad duty to inform you that I am resigning from my positions as Head of Research and Development and Most Handsome Man at the Delavigne Corporation, effective immediately."
- "Subject: Cleaning Duty"
- "Some clerical duties."
- "Leonard : Mr. Delavigne, my comrades have need to speak with you, and as a result of the collective bargaining agreement signed three years ago, it's my duty to negotiate workers' rights and grievances with the employer."
- "Miss Bliss does seem more than capable of fulfilling her duties as the director of public relations, and she even gave me a very concise explanation on rudimentary marketing strategies in foreign markets."
- "Some will fulfill their military duties and fight in Vietnam."
- "His duties include photocopying and making tea and coffee."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Duty'? Share it with us!