English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an earthquake: a sudden violent movement of the Earth's surface, a seismic tremor
- "Moira : Speaking of Mexico, or more precisely the Gulf of Mexico, an earthquake struck the west coast of central Florida last night."
- "It's been abandoned since the earthquake of 1989."
- "This was the strongest earthquake to hit the region in over 30 years."
- "When they had the earthquake in San Francisco back in nineteen-six, they said that ol' mother nature was up to her old tricks."
- "Brent : Moira, witnesses say that the initial earthquake lasted for nearly 50 seconds."
- "China: an earthquake measuring 8.1 on the Richter scale has hit central China, leaving 6,000 people dead and the Chinese city of Xangxingxongdo in ruins."
- "By now, you've no doubt read the newspapers: devastating earthquakes, deadly floods, fatal epidemics, terrorist attacks, destructive hurricanes and death tolls in the thousands, and that's just on the front page!"
Still having difficulties with 'Earthquake'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Earthquake'? Share it with us!