English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to elect (someone): to choose, to select, to vote for (someone)
- "Mr. Bumblefund, an investment banker at Greenback & Trust, has been elected by our shareholders to represent them at this meeting, and speaks on their behalf."
- "I was elected during the last board meeting."
- "Philip : Yeah Susie, who elected you interim CEO?"
- "Does anyone remember who was elected President in my place?"
- "Moira : Carry on eating those burgers, Brent, and you could be elected next year."
- "Mazerati cautiously approached each individual, so it came as a total surprise to all involved when Mazerati was elected CEO by the D&C board last Tuesday."
- "Many believe aliens are responsible for re-electing former US president George W."
- "I mean why wasn't Horatio elected?"
- "Bruno : The board has elected a new CEO, Sylvio Mazerati."
Still having difficulties with 'Elect'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Elect'? Share it with us!