English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an electric shock: sharp pain caused by an electric current
- "Your phone just gave me an electric shock, Philip!"
- "If someone else picks it up, say a dumb intern, it gives them a massive electric shock."
- "Jean Marron replaced Bruno's keyboard at 12.50pm. Bruno had complained that the keyboard was emitting electric shocks."
- "We've increased the voltage on our electric shock feature, we've pumped up the volume on our alarms and we've added infra-red capabilities to our video surveillance systems. Act now and we'll include at no extra cost, the ultimate canine insurance system: a live Rottweiler to complement the SSSS5000!"
- "Also included in the SSSS3000 is an electric shock feature, which will make sure that your intruders feel the jolt of justice."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Electric shock'? Share it with us!