English vocabulary and translations (See all)
We failed at our first endeavor, but we will succeed next time because we know what went wrong before.
Please help us in this endeavor to give food to the poor, by donating just $1 a month.
to endeavor (to do something): to try, to attempt, to strive (to do something)
Philip Cheeter is endeavoring to improve sales: he's trying his best to get more clients.
UK: We failed at our first endeavour, but we will not at our second.
US: Philip Cheeter is endeavoring to improve sales at all costs.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Listen, I'm beginning to see the advantages of this endeavor."
- "There are several of you in attendance tonight who have helped our city in this endeavor, and tonight I want to pay my respects to you all."
- "This replaces my previous endeavor of sleeping with as many people as possible."
- "Today, at San Francisco's historic Bleeding Heart Theatre, in the heart of the Rainbow District, the Delavigne Corporation will announce its latest charitable endeavor."
- "After undergoing successful therapy, I have now embarked upon the greatest endeavor of my career - becoming a painter."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Endeavor'? Share it with us!