English vocabulary and translations (See all)
especially: particularly, mostly, specifically
I like all food, especially chocolate.
UK: I'm not especially interested in learning to drive.
US: I made this chocolate cake especially for you.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Santa Claus is coming to town - especially if you own shares in Delavigne Corp!"
- "All babies welcome, especially interracial babies."
- "A man whose long, magnificent hair was a symbol of masculinity and freedom, especially in the Philippines for some reason."
- "Especially the monkeys."
- "especially when you confessed to murder."
- "We're known for our wildlife, especially the unique marsupials that live here."
- "and one Korean man spoke on the condition of anonymity: 'I love dog - especially served with fresh peppers."
- "Jonas : Well, the quality of life in Scandinavia is excellent, but we are especially proud of our welfare system. Each Scandinavian country provides excellent health care for its inhabitants."
- "A dog, especially a little puppy like this, needs love and attention."
- "They are very painful, especially when you sit on them."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Especially'? Share it with us!