English vocabulary and translations (See all)
except (for): excluding, aside or apart (from), not including
I like all food except potatoes.
- "The scarf measures 50cm in length and is designed to fit around the necks of most birds (except ostriches and emus, which require modified versions of the scarf)."
- "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"
- "I'm showing that everybody died, except one baby."
- "and Higgins, except I don't have a moustache!"
- "Susie : 'Teletubby' is a trademark, and 'totally tubular tonic', well I'm not going to dignify that with a response except for 'no'."
- "My planet is perfect, except that we don't have jokes."
- "Except for being American."
- "In fact, everything was perfect except for the flight."
- "Except that you were always trying to kiss me."
- "Icarus : Everyone except Horatio."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Except'? Share it with us!