English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
except (for): excluding, aside or apart (from), not including
I like all food except potatoes.
- "In fact, everything was perfect except for the flight."
- "Icarus : Everyone except Horatio."
- "Except that you were always trying to kiss me."
- "Susie : "Teletubby" is a trademark, and "totally tubular tonic", well I'm not going to dignify that with a response except for "no"."
- "I'm showing that everybody died, except one baby."
- "Everybody's got something to hide except for me and my monkey"
- "and Higgins, except I don't have a moustache!"
- "My planet is perfect, except that we don't have jokes."
- "Except for being American."
- "The scarf measures 50cm in length and is designed to fit around the necks of most birds (except ostriches and emus, which require modified versions of the scarf)."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Except'? Share it with us!