English vocabulary and translations (See all)
famous: widely known, famed, renowned
UK: If you could choose, what famous person would you like to date?
US: I would date someone who is famous for their good looks.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "I've recently purchased a book by Oliver Jamie, the famous chef, and he's my new best friend."
- "Boston is also the home of several famous institutions of higher learning such as Harvard University and M.I."
- "Visitors will have the opportunity to purchase their favorite perfumes in a retail store situated near the exit, and many of the artworks will be inspired by famous Delavigne scents."
- "Brian : Well, next I usually distribute my famous homemade biscuits."
- "My old pal Herbert Broccoli, the same man who produced the famous James Band films, has asked me to be a silent partner in a movie that begins shooting next week, right here in San Francisco."
- "I am offering a handful of Bruno's most esteemed business associates the opportunity to come dressed as famous inmates."
- "Please forgive me for my absence, and wish me luck as I visit one of America's oldest and most famous cities, known for its lobsters and difficult-to-understand accents!"
- "Tonton Hubert's famous foie gras!"
- "Horatio : Joan Wayne, here we are at the famous Sydney Opera House."
- "Adelaide's most famous barbecue restaurant is looking for a barbecue operator."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Famous'? Share it with us!