English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a gate: an entrance, an opening; a part of an airport where travelers get on or off airplanes
Gates is a common family name in Anglophone countries.
- "Passengers please proceed to gate 39."
- "In early February, hungry pandas stormed the gates of their Beijing enclosure, presumably due to a bamboo shortage."
- "Passengers in coaches 1-9 are kindly requested to go to gate 7."
- "Please proceed directly to your bus at Gate 6."
- "Please proceed directly to your bus at Gate 4."
- "1988-90 Green Gulch Zen Center (Mountain Gate Temple, Yosemite Valley)"
- "Passengers in coaches 10-18 should go to gate 5."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Gate'? Share it with us!