English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a gate: an entrance, an opening; a part of an airport where travelers get on or off airplanes
Gates is a common family name in Anglophone countries.
- "Manager, Golden Gate Gourmet Restaurant"
- "Passengers in coaches 1-9 are kindly requested to go to gate 7."
- "Golden Gate Gourmet Restaurant"
- "See you next Thursday at 1 o'clock at the Golden Gate Gourmet restaurant."
- "Passengers in coaches 10-18 should go to gate 5."
- "Do you know the restaurant, the Golden Gate Gourmet?"
- "I can tell you with certainty that this is the first time that such an event has occurred at the Golden Gate Gourmet, and it will undoubtedly be the last."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Gate'? Share it with us!