English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a geek: a person who is extremely enthusiastic about or obsessed by a certain thing, usually IT or computers
UK: 'Geek' is sometimes considered pejorative.
US: I was a geek in high-school which made me somewhat cooler than the nerds.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Icarus : 'Geek': G-E-E-K."
- "Hannah : Ok Icarus, I admit it: Stickypedia's page on 'geek' is excellent."
- "Geeks are often obsessed with one thing, such as electronics or computers."
- "Nobody to touch me but a computer geek"
- "jpeg', and voilà - my photo is next to the article on Geek!"
- "A geek is an awkward person who is seen as being too intellectual."
- "If you use Stickypedia regularly, you are probably a geek."
- "Hannah : Ok, look up 'Geek'."
- "GEEK From Stickypedia, the free online encyclopedia"
- "For example, let's refresh the page 'Geek'."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Geek'? Share it with us!