Definition Get rid of
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to get rid of (rats): to eliminate (rats)
- "We got rid of our CFC's here in the States a decade ago!"
- "Pest control is coming next week to get rid of the rodents."
- "Philip : Well, it's kind of complicated, Brian, but let's just say I need to get rid of some evidence in a hurry."
- "I've been Spring cleaning my flat recently, and I need to get rid of some of my things!"
- "Brian Get rid of your model girlfriends when you want a new one?"
- "They would save $100m if they just got rid of 15% of their workforce."
Still having difficulties with 'Get rid of'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Get rid of'? Share it with us!