Give somebody a chance
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
to give (sbdy) a chance (to do sthg): to offer (somebody) an opportunity (to do something)
If you give me a chance, I can show you that I am the best salesman in town.
- "it will be a chance for you to practice your English."
- "It's just a chance for the two teams to try out some of the younger players."
- "I think that my new mountain bear rehabilitation clinic will give sick and injured bears a chance for better health."
- "Otherwise, give me a chance, and I'll have a report for you by Tuesday."
- "You put your faith in my abilities to make perfumes, and you gave me a chance to have creative control of products with your family's name upon them. And you got me working papers."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Give somebody a chance'? Share it with us!