English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a green card (US): a residence permit for foreigners in the USA
A green card allows foreigners to live in the USA.
- "Pedro : Jefe, to get a green card, maybe you can help me get married."
- "Please don't tell anyone that I don't have my green card."
- "Jean : I have a work visa for the United States, but not a green card."
- "Please don't tell anyone that I don't have my green card!"
- "Anyway, it is harder and harder to obtain a green card in America, and many people have very strong feelings of."
- "I am waiting for my green card for now 11 months."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Green card'? Share it with us!