English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a handkerchief: a tissue, a nose rag, a hankie
hankie short form of "handkerchief"
UK: Could you pass me a handkerchief please?
US: Sorry, my handkerchief is very very dirty.
- "PS: You had better bring some kleenex or a handkerchief to your meeting, just in case."
- "You're blowing your nose into satin handkerchiefs."
- "(A handkerchief held in front of the mouth and nose would work out at just 40 cents per unit."
- "Sam : Oh, please use my handkerchief Mr. Quincy."
- "Next time use a hankie, would you?"
- "Brent : Sorry Moira, what's a "hankie"?"
- "Moira : A handkerchief, you idiot."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Handkerchief'? Share it with us!