English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a handkerchief: a tissue, a nose rag, a hankie
hankie short form of "handkerchief"
UK: Could you pass me a handkerchief please?
US: Sorry, my handkerchief is very very dirty.
- "Moira : A handkerchief, you idiot."
- "Brent : Sorry Moira, what's a "hankie"?"
- "Sam : Oh, please use my handkerchief Mr. Quincy."
- "Next time use a hankie, would you?"
- "PS: You had better bring some kleenex or a handkerchief to your meeting, just in case."
- "You're blowing your nose into satin handkerchiefs."
- "(A handkerchief held in front of the mouth and nose would work out at just 40 cents per unit."
Still having difficulties with 'Handkerchief'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Handkerchief'? Share it with us!