English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
hardly: scarcely, barely
I hardly know you! We only met two minutes ago.
Horatio hardly ever uses the internet. He's scared of someone stealing his identity.
UK: No I won't come home with you. I hardly know you.
US: Horatio hardly ever uses the internet.
- "Bruno : Doctor, that's hardly a scientific method-"
- "Harold : And I've hardly sold any of them!"
- "I hardly think there are any virgins left at this company, and certainly no one who knows how to ride a zebra!"
- "They were hardly going to tell me the idea was a stinker (although Philip did make some rather blunt comments)."
- "Donna : I hardly ever check my e-mails."
Still having difficulties with 'Hardly'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Hardly'? Share it with us!