Definition Heart attack
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a heart attack: a cardiac arrest, a medical problem when the heart stops
Don't scare me like that! You almost gave me a heart attack.
UK: Ah! You nearly gave me a heart attack!
US: You'll have a heart attack if you keep eating so much fat.
- "You're gonna give yourself a heart attack!"
- "I have your cause of death listed as a heart attack."
- "You'll give yourself a heart attack!"
- "Philip : Heart attack?"
- "Smithson argues that stress starts to pose serious threats such as permanent damage to brain cells (which has linked high stress levels to alzheimer's disease and strokes) and high blood pressure (the link between stress and heart attacks) only when the stress is allowed to build up over a long period of time."
- "Rupert : Well, if the fox hasn't had a heart attack from running, then it is usually eaten alive by the dogs."
- "Bruno : You almost gave me a heart attack!"
- "You may or may not be aware that Icarus' late father, Archibald Cuthbert Quincy, died of a heart attack when Icarus was only 12."
- "His heart attack was caused by high blood pressure brought on by his high-stress job."
- "heart attack while saving orphans from a fire."
Still having difficulties with 'Heart attack'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Heart attack'? Share it with us!