English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a hippie: a person who rejects war and other social traditions in favor of peace, love, and flower power
The hippie movement was especially prominent in the 1960s and 1970s.
- "Step right up and get your ticket to the hippie circus."
- "General Rainbow Child's Hippie Circus"
- "Philip : Well maybe if you didn't dress like a hippie with your dashikis and mumus and your bell-bottom jeans, I'd sexually harass you too!"
- "It's a hippie circus!"
- "Hippie circus dude : Ladies and gentlemen, it's the circus."
- "- The amazing hippie clowns!"
- "In the 1960s, the Haight-Ashbury district was the center of the hippie counterculture movement and "Flower Power"."
- "Horatio : We are going to make a special perfume that will turn General Hurley Burley into a peace-loving hippie."
- "Sorry Brian, the hippie circus is in town!"
- "All of the hippies, but none of the squares!"
Still having difficulties with 'Hippie'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Hippie'? Share it with us!