English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(a) horrible (man): (a) terrible, unpleasant, dreadful, horrid (man)
He was a horrible little boy, always pulling the legs off spiders. He really was terrible, nobody liked him.
UK: He was a horrible little boy, always pulling the legs off spiders.
US: That is the most horrible shirt I have ever seen.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "He plays the doctor in the show, 'Horrible Crimes and Forensic Miracles'."
- "Brian : Oh dear, how horrible!"
- "I mean, I love your acting in 'Horrible Crimes and Forensic Miracles'."
- "'Horrible Crimes and Forensic Miracles'."
- "- 'Crocodile Dundee' (those horrible films!"
- "Edward : Oh my god Jean, that's horrible!"
- "Bruno : Undeniably horrible!"
- "The experience was utterly humiliating for both of us, and for a long while, it seemed that we would die in that horrible, detestable yet meticulously organized hellhole."
- "Also, you're a horrible person and I don't want to help you."
- "The TV network canceled 'Horrible Crimes and Forensic Miracles' due to poor ratings."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Horrible'? Share it with us!