Definition Human rights
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
human rights: the basic rights of individuals to liberty, justice, freedom, etc
a human rights group an organization or a group of people who campaign against human rights violations
a human rights campaign, movement a drive, an appeal, a push, a crusade in support of human rights
a human rights activist a person who campaigns for human rights
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to international human rights standards."
- "We had been debating the pros and cons of exploiting inexpensive but possibly illegal labor, versus taking the "high road" and using only suppliers with a proven record on human rights working standards."
- "There are many international Human Rights organizations which identify private enterprises that subcontract their labor."
- "There is a great deal of pressure for American companies to adhere to International Human Rights Standards."
- "The group has a charter, and labels subcontracting companies which meet all international human rights and labor standards."
- "In addition to using all-natural ingredients, the new line (code-named "WorldBlends") is produced under humane conditions: the company has sworn to work only with manufacturers approved by human rights watchdog group P."
Still having difficulties with 'Human rights'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Human rights'? Share it with us!