English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an idiom: an expression, a phrase; a language, a dialect
- "Reach for the sky and try a new idiom!"
- "I hope you don't mind me contacting you "out of the blue lagoon"* like this (I hope I've used the idiom correctly)."
- "I know this idiom. Don't tell me!"
- "These idioms are not entirely accurate."
- "Cross-referencing with idioms. Begin romance sequence."
- "Jean, check out these fancy idioms to add some colour to your future conversations!"
- "With a different accent and some nice new idioms."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Idiom'? Share it with us!