English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
ill: sick, unwell, diseased
to make somebody ill to cause somebody to feel unwell (literally or figuratively)
- "We don't want to have to dock your pay when you're so gravely ill."
- "In fact, the very thought of the two of us together makes me ill."
- "Edward Kimberly, and I'm not mentally ill, but proud and lucky."
- "Susie : I was quite ill, actually."
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
Still having difficulties with 'Ill'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Ill'? Share it with us!