English vocabulary and translations (See all)
ill: sick, unwell, diseased
to make somebody ill to cause somebody to feel unwell (literally or figuratively)
- "Edward Kimberly, and I'm not mentally ill, but proud and lucky."
- "In fact, the very thought of the two of us together makes me ill."
- "Every passenger on this plane who had fish for dinner will become violently ill in the next half hour."
- "We don't want to have to dock your pay when you're so gravely ill."
- "Susie : I was quite ill, actually."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Ill'? Share it with us!