Definition In order to
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
In order to (enter this office building, you must have a badge): To be able to (enter this office building, you must have a badge)
- "Philip will be traveling by company car in order to save on airfare, so you can consider this a 'business road trip' if you like."
- "I personally pledge to oversee all costumes and dance routines in order to ensure their fabulousness."
- "There's only one solution: we need to energize the machine with a steady pulse of infrasonic frequencies in order to cancel out all the bad resonance."
- "Technique : Dress up like ghosts, monsters and sexy nurses in order to extort the precious candy."
- "Some of us will run away to Canada, in order to escape the draft."
- "Day 1 : In order to pay our debt to the restaurant, Horatio and I have been forced to work in the kitchen."
- "In order to prevent the transmission of diseases in the workplace, I have put in place a new initiative that will encourage people to wash their hands after using the bathroom. I am reluctant to reveal too much information regarding the protocol as it may compromise its effectiveness."
- "In order to understand this complex man who has devoted his life to communicating with the dolphins, we must first examine his past."
- "I have used shorthand in my notes in order to save time."
- "I hereby resign from my position as intern, effective immediately, in order to pursue a new career as ."
Still having difficulties with 'In order to'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'In order to'? Share it with us!