English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an inch: a unit of length, a measurement of 2.5 cm, a twelfth of one foot
An inch is approximately 2.5 cm.
UK: You are an inch taller in the morning than the afternoon.
US: Don't try and inch your way out of this one.
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "Philip : 25 inches of pure."
- "a 7-inch disc plays at the speed of 45 rpm (revolutions per minute);"
- "Nina : Chest: 40 inches."
- "Philip : 40 inches of pure steel!"
- "*Answers: an LP is a long playing record (size 12 inches, played at 33⅓ rpm);"
- "At what speed should I play a 7-inch disc?"
- "A regulation dodgeball is a rubber ball 8 and 1/2 inches in diameter;"
- "Philip : 20 inches of pure iron."
- "waist: 34 inches."
- "Philip : 34 inches of pure."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Inch'? Share it with us!