English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
an investor: a person who puts money into a business in order to obtain financial gains
- "As you are one of the majority shareholders in the company and one of our primary investors, your presence is requested."
- "Miss Fiona Stake is an efficiency expert (a consultant to be precise), hired by Bruno at the request of several Delavigne Corp investors who are concerned about the efficiency of our staff."
- "As an emerging designer in 1950's France, Patrice took over the struggling fashion house of his mentor, Frederich Lundqvist, and restored it to respectability before launching his own fashion house with the financial backing of American investors."
- "He needed an investor, someone who believed in Bruno's ideas and Horatio's talent."
- "To my right, Terrance Cashman, shareholder, longtime investor and good friend."
- "Unfortunately my brother Felix, a shareholder and investor himself, will not be attending this year's meeting."
- "Next Tuesday at 3:45, we will be receiving a visit from Lucie M Lohan, heiress to the Lohan fortune and a prospective investor with major connections."
- "Bruno assures me that Fiona's presence in our offices is more of a gesture of good faith towards the investors than a criticism of our work habits."
- "Subject: Major prospective investor to visit offices next Tuesday"
Still having difficulties with 'Investor'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Investor'? Share it with us!