English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a lake: a large area of fresh water surrounded by land (for example Lake Superior, Lake Victoria, Loch Ness)
- "We will be staying in rustic-style log cabins at the Luxor Lakes Resort and Casino."
- "I'm glad to welcome you all here to the Luxor Lakes Resort and Casino, and I'm happy to see such a great turnout for this event."
- "Enjoy your time strolling our sunny 75-acre estate or swimming in our giant lake, stocked daily with fresh carp."
- "Out here you can get in touch with the great outdoors: hunting, fishing, swimming in the lake, and lounging in the outdoor Jacuzzi."
- "And I'm sure I don't need to tell you what a masterpiece Swan Lake is!"
- "There is no fire to the lake."
- "I like to send people a stream - or should I say glacier - of passive-aggressive e-mails until the person becomes numb and confused and eventually falls into a frozen lake."
- "I tried calling earlier, but your secretary informed me that you were dynamite fishing at the lake on your ranch."
- "Philip : I went camping with my friend Joe in Lake Tahoe, which is about 200 miles north of San Francisco."
- "I've got two tickets to see Swan Lake performed by the San Francisco Ballet at the War Memorial Opera House this Saturday evening."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lake'? Share it with us!