English vocabulary and translations (See all)
lately: recently, of late, in recent times, not long ago
-Have you seen any good movies lately? -Yes, I saw a great one yesterday.
- "I've had a lot of things on my mind lately."
- "Warbuckle : Well, as you know, Pedro, I've had my share of legal difficulties lately, and these vultures want to destroy my reputation."
- "You're awfully indecisive lately."
- "I really apologize for the delay, but I've been working non-stop lately on reconfiguring the network, and I didn't have a chance to search for the keyboard until this afternoon."
- "It's been a year since the Italians won the World Cup in Germany, and lately there has been some exciting football being played in Argentina."
- "There seem to be a lot of light bulbs which need replacing lately, especially in the girls' offices."
- "Seriously, seriously, has anyone been to the airport lately?"
- "Sigourney : Welcome everyone to my podcast "Weevil's people", my weekly spotlight on people who have been in the news lately."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lately'? Share it with us!