English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
lately: recently, of late, in recent times, not long ago
-Have you seen any good movies lately? -Yes, I saw a great one yesterday.
- "I've had a lot of things on my mind lately."
- "I really apologize for the delay, but I've been working non-stop lately on reconfiguring the network, and I didn't have a chance to search for the keyboard until this afternoon."
- "Seriously, seriously, has anyone been to the airport lately?"
- "Sigourney : Welcome everyone to my podcast "Weevil's people", my weekly spotlight on people who have been in the news lately."
- "There seem to be a lot of light bulbs which need replacing lately, especially in the girls' offices."
- "You're awfully indecisive lately."
- "It's been a year since the Italians won the World Cup in Germany, and lately there has been some exciting football being played in Argentina."
- "Warbuckle : Well, as you know, Pedro, I've had my share of legal difficulties lately, and these vultures want to destroy my reputation."
Still having difficulties with 'Lately'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lately'? Share it with us!