English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(to take) legal action (against someone): (to take) judicial measures (against someone)
- "I have been assured that we have every right to take legal action against your establishment."
- "If Gidyeon decides to slash his prices again, I promise you that we will no longer do business with him, and we will consider legal action against him. I've learned from my sources that this liquidation sale was only advertised online for a few days, and that the page views on the website were modest, so I hope that your sales weren't adversely affected."
- "You also need to state your intention to commence legal action against the debtor-"
- "If it does not arrive, with payment, in the next five days, then Delavigne will begin legal action."
- "There will be no need to take legal action against our restaurant, since I have myself begun proceedings against the terrorists in question, who have been caught by the CIA and are currently being held in a secure prison in Cuba."
- "Wow, she's right, the bottle looks almost identical – but not quite identical enough for legal action."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Legal action'? Share it with us!