Definition Let go of a few
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to let (an employee) go: to dismiss, to fire, to sack (an employee)
to let go has several meanings, notably: Let go of the rope. Release the rope.
Since we are in the process of downsizing, we will have to let many of you go this year. I'm sorry but about half of you will be dismissed.
- "I had to let go of a few salesmen because they weren't meeting their sales objectives."
- "Tickets for the seminar are selling fast, normally for $100 dollars, but I can let you go for free."
- "Spencer : No I couldn't let you go with anything else."
- "We have no choice but to let you go."
- "All I have to do is let Woody go."
- "Edward : What do you mean, "let me go"?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Let go of a few'? Share it with us!