English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a lieutenant (Lt.): an officer of middle rank in the armed forces (Lt. for short)
- "Without further ado, I'd like to turn things over to Lieutenant Lawrence Laughsalot, a "team-building" consultant from the FunFactory Consulting Squadron."
- "PS: The one shareholder who decided to defect is Bobby Ray McDonald, a 74-year old retired army lieutenant and gun enthusiast from Jericho, Texas."
- "Icarus : Uh, lieutenant, that doesn't seem very fair."
- "You are looking at Lieutenant Lawrence Laughsalot of Her Majesty's Royal Airforce."
- "Susie : Thank you, lieutenant."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Lieutenant'? Share it with us!