English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(a) long (story): (a) large, big (story), (a story) with a large duration or distance from start to finish ("long" is the opposite of "short")
- "With over 3 months' experience in PR and damage control, Slick Brand Solution's long track record in the industry speaks for itself!"
- "She's like a little person, but with fur and paws and a long tongue."
- "While we have a long and proud heritage dating from our earliest days in Paris, the attributes of our brand are as fresh and new as ever," said Bruno Delavigne, CEO of Delavigne Corp."
- "Is take the horse by its long brown face"
- "The truth is actually a long and relatively boring story that I will now tell you."
- "I am delighted to say that after nine long rounds of interviews, we have finally arrived at the very, very, very, VERY shortlist."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Long-adjective'? Share it with us!