Definition Look after
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
to look after (sbdy, sthg) : to take care of, to be in charge of, to attend to (sbdy, sthg)
Can you look after my dog while I'm away? Please take care of him, it's only for a week.
The nurse looked after my grandfather during his illness. She took care of all his needs.
- "Edward : Ok, so apparently, we're hiring a janitor – someone to clean and look after the Delavigne premises."
- "Hannah looks after Delavigne's interests in retail outlets and points of sale."
- "Horatio is still in Tibet with Bruno and Brian, so you have been chosen at random to look after his test monkeys this week."
- "You don't mind looking after her?"
- "The doctor has ordered her to rest in bed, which means I have to look after her for a few days."
- "Doesn't the US look after its senior citizens?"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Look after'? Share it with us!