English vocabulary and translations (See all)
a magnate: a rich and powerful person
a magnate is an influential figure in industry, business, etc.
- "For those of you just tuning in, it was reported that the eccentric perfume magnate was piloting a hot air balloon while drunk when he lost control of the machine."
- "Authorities are currently investigating possible links to notorious perfume magnate Kalvin Krime."
- "Monday : Eyewitnesses claim to have seen the diminutive juice magnate on the beaches of St."
- "No, his other boss, perfume magnate and Franco-American playboy, Bruno Delavigne, who may ask for a moist towelette or a dry martini at a moment's notice."
- "The retail magnate was detained and jailed early yesterday morning after park ranger Ernest Marshall discovered a shotgun shell lodged in the hindquarters of a bear cub near Warbuckle's ranch."
- "He's the biggest perfume magnate in Dubai."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Magnate'? Share it with us!