Definition Make sure
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
to make sure (that...): to establish, to make certain, to check, to verify (that...)
Make sure that you did not make any mistakes by re-reading your work.
- "At the bottom of your advert, make sure you include."
- "Make sure you eat something before you go!"
- "So I make sure that there's good team spirit."
- "I've been hired by your company to make sure you people are having fun and working together."
- "Make sure she received my counter-proposal at 8.1 per unit"
- "More importantly, this month we are conducting our business operations in song, so please make sure to sing in tune!"
- "I was just making sure."
- "Hannah : Approachable means making sure that people feel comfortable in coming to me and asking me questions."
- "You just make sure you don't gain any weight, and you'll be fine."
Still having difficulties with 'Make sure'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Make sure'? Share it with us!