English vocabulary and translations (See all)
We will market this product as soon as the testing phase is completed.
a market: a place to buy goods; the customers for a particular product
an outdoor market a series of stalls selling different products outside
the perfume market the different types of perfumes for sale at the moment
UK: We are going to market our new product in Asia.
US: Do you think there's a market for luxury perfumes in China?
If the audio player isn't working:
- Download: audio.mp3
- "The US property market is currently suffering a credit crisis, making it attractive for Britons who cannot cope with the sky-high house prices at home."
- "The overall upturn is largely due to higher demand for make-up and personal hygiene products in emerging Asian markets."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "I've examined the market research for TigerLily and the data is conclusive: working-class men are the ones buying our perfume, therefore, they are the market segment we should target with our advertising."
- "Worried about the American market?"
- "In previous ad campaigns, Outback Cologne has been marketed as an extremely masculine scent for the 'outdoorsy', 'rugged', 'manly' type."
- "Finally, we will also be opening several new stores in China, to get the most out of this exciting market."
- "If you're concerned about the market's future, you could invest in something more stable."
- "Britons buy slice of American pie: UK citizens investing more and more in the American housing market"
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Market'? Share it with us!