Definition May day
English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
May Day : the first day in May (a national holiday and celebration)
- "Leonard : The May Day march is our chance to demand better rights as workers, and Bruno is standing in our way!"
- "Subject: May Day March"
- ""The May Day protesters are calling for a reform of the US immigration policy, universal health care, improved workers' rights and an end to all wars instigated by the US."
- "Bruno won't let us attend the May Day demonstration this afternoon."
- "As some of you are no doubt aware, May Day, also known as International Workers' Day) is this Friday, and apparently a few thousand people will be celebrating with a mass protest on the streets of San Francisco."
- "He denied us our right to march in the May Day protest, so we're denying him his right to leave the office for the weekend."
- "May Day hating fascist!"
Still having difficulties with 'May day'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'May day'? Share it with us!