English vocabulary and translations (See all)
New York City: a large city on the east coast of America ('the Big Apple', home of the Hudson River)
- "Fans of the punk group 'Down with the Duke' will finally get their wish when the band makes its highly anticipated comeback tomorrow night at the Free Trade Room in New York City."
- "Oh, New York, New York!"
- "Don't forget to collect your bags before you leave the station, and enjoy New York!"
- "Brian : Well, I was just about to phone a hotel to reserve a room for Bruno's trip to New York next month."
- "The basic philosophy behind the movement is that eating locally has ecological value: The carbon footprint of Kobe beef which has made the trip from Japan to New York has more of an environmental impact than a piece of fresh meat from the local farmer's market."
- "Brian, I'm leaving for New York next week."
- "Engineers are currently developing craft which would be able to fly from London to New York in 35 hours."
- "You've made the front page of the Los Angeles Tribune, San Francisco Gazette and New York Journal, and that's just the print media!"
- "New York City: the homeless population has risen to a record level: over 300,000 people are sleeping in the streets."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'New york'? Share it with us!