English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
north: a direction opposite of south (for example, Scotland is north of England)
the North the northern part of the world or a country
- "Because where we live, in the north west of the west of France, she goes outside with the pigeons and she hunts them down, and then she makes a beautiful pâté à l'orange with it."
- "Delavigne's travels took him around the globe: north, south, east and west."
- "We have a North Island and a South Island, our population is around 4.3 million, and our capital city is Wellington."
- "Moira : Have they come all the way from the north of England?"
- "It's in the north of England."
- "Philip : I went camping with my friend Joe in Lake Tahoe, which is about 200 miles north of San Francisco."
- "His travels took him around the globe: north, south, east and west."
- "That's in the north of England."
- "The events took place late last night at a trendy bar in San Francisco's North Beach neighborhood, where witnesses reported seeing an altercation between two men arguing over the television program being shown."
Still having difficulties with 'North'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'North'? Share it with us!