English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
(the) northern (hemisphere, France): (the hemisphere) in the north, north of the Equator; the part of (France) to the North
- "A few years ago, Northern Ireland, Ireland, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Russia and Israel were also desirable locations for corporate giants and mid-level enterprises alike."
- "The rugby world seems to be split into two camps: those teams in the Northern hemisphere and those originating from the South, notably the South Africans, the Australians and the legendary All Blacks from New Zealand."
- "He's reporting live from a fishing boat off Northern Scotland."
- "But here's the real problem. Eliminating half of the fishing industry would have a devastating effect on unemployment levels in Northern Scotland."
- "The northern teams really want to establish themselves as the southern teams have historically dominated."
Still having difficulties with 'Northern'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Northern'? Share it with us!