English vocabulary and translations (See all)
(the) northern (hemisphere, France): (the hemisphere) in the north, north of the Equator; the part of (France) to the North
- "He's reporting live from a fishing boat off Northern Scotland."
- "But here's the real problem. Eliminating half of the fishing industry would have a devastating effect on unemployment levels in Northern Scotland."
- "The rugby world seems to be split into two camps: those teams in the Northern hemisphere and those originating from the South, notably the South Africans, the Australians and the legendary All Blacks from New Zealand."
- "The northern teams really want to establish themselves as the southern teams have historically dominated."
- "A few years ago, Northern Ireland, Ireland, the Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Russia and Israel were also desirable locations for corporate giants and mid-level enterprises alike."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Northern'? Share it with us!