English vocabulary and translations (See all)
an olive: a small, green or black, sour-tasting fruit (eaten in salads and used to make oil)
- "I can't stand martinis without olives."
- "Jean : I would like to buy some olives for my apéritif tonight."
- "Al Capone : Yeah, I'll have a martini with an olive."
- "A discerning shopper like yourself might be interested in our olive of the week: the Moorish."
- "Shop assistant : Olives!"
- "Al Capone : No olives?"
- "Jean : Thank you for the olives!"
- "Brian : Oh, I'm terribly sorry, but we don't have any more olives."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Olive'? Share it with us!