On short notice
English vocabulary and translations (See all)
on short notice (US), at short notice (UK): without much warning, suddenly
Thank you for coming on such short notice. How did you manage to come so quickly?
- "Thanks so much for taking this case on at such short notice."
- "Thank you for seeing me at such short notice."
- "Bruno : Mr. Cashman, it's very kind of you to see me on such short notice."
- "Thank you for coming on such short notice, during these difficult circumstances."
- "I know I'm sending this at short notice, but I was thinking of organising a picnic this weekend, and I'd like you all to join me."
- "I haven't prepared a speech, and I really don't like flying across the country on such short notice."
- "Thanks for coming in on such short notice."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'On short notice'? Share it with us!