English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the origin: the source, the root, the provenance; the start, the beginning
- "While there are an estimated 12 million immigrants of Mexican origin working illegally in the US, we are focusing on this isolated case only because a celebrity is involved, and that's what the people want to know about."
- "Origins : It's a pagan thing about dead people."
- "I will of course insist on a good cross-section of society in terms of age, gender, ethnic origin, etc."
- "A large slab of meat of indeterminate origin (Ask your server)"
- "Brian : Someone has singled me out because of my ethnic origin, and is tormenting me with racist graffiti!"
- "For example, in France, we emphasize Delavigne's French origins much more than we do here in the States."
Still having difficulties with 'Origin'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Origin'? Share it with us!