English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
a parliament: an assembly, a council, a congress, a senate
- "Bjorn : Well, just in case you don't, that means that we have both a king and a parliament."
- "The European parliament?"
- "The parliament, on the other hand, is responsible for all legislation."
- "Sir Robert Bear MP, Shadow Secretary for the Environment, shocked Parliament yesterday by declaring that "the notion that climate change is a man-made phenomenon is pure poppycock"."
- "Bjorn : Last week, the balance of power in the Swedish Parliament shifted from the left to the right."
- "Upon his arrival at Peacenikland airport, Philip Cheeter promptly took a taxi to the country's parliament and demanded to be crowned king."
- "It's actually only the fourth time since 1932 that the Social Democrats haven't held enough seats in the Parliament to lead the government."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Parliament'? Share it with us!