English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
a pile (of socks): a heap, a mountain, a mass, a collection (of socks)
- "Before there were two, very neat piles of letters."
- "And while we all enjoy his company, I doubt that he could defend a pile of cow dung from a team of flies."
- "Pile of peas"
- "So if you find a pile of records in the garage, don't throw them away!"
- "If you pick up the paperclips off the floor, I'll help you sort these letters back into two piles."
- "just put them in "Icarus's personal pile"!"
- "I saw the cleaning man killing mice with his bare hands, and stacking them up in a pile in the corner."
- "I want to stay here in my warm manure pile."
Still having difficulties with 'Pile'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Pile'? Share it with us!