English vocabulary and translations (See all)
polite: courteous, gallant, well-mannered, civil
- "When you finish your message with a polite "Tanks", I want nothing more than to take you in my arms and explain to you that a "tank" is in fact a machine of war, a heavily armored combat vehicle armed with a cannon!"
- "Subject: RE: Polite request"
- "I have ten years' experience in the customer service field, as well as management experience in a local telemarketing firm. The challenging environments in which I've worked have taught me to think on my feet, communicate clearly and always remain polite and professional while dealing with callers."
- "If they themselves are polite, they will offer."
- "Whenever you talk to me, you're polite and courteous."
- "Brian : Philip, be polite."
- "Poorly-written application e-mail + inappropriate joke about alcoholism = polite rejection."
- "Subject: Polite request"
- "Horatio : Well it's not very polite."
- "First, make it clear in your invitation how smart the evening is going to be: "smart", "casual", "smart-casual", etc. Second, it is not usually polite to ask your guests to bring anything to dinner."
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Polite'? Share it with us!