English vocabulary and translations (See all our English vocabulary translation)
Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons for free.
the Pope: the leader of the Roman Catholic Church
The Pope's not wearing his hat today, something must be wrong. The leader of the Roman Catholic Church always wears his hat when he's in public.
- "I wish I was out on the town with the Pope this weekend."
- "Candy : Well Brent, the Pope can expect to throw off his robes and dive into the Vatican swimming pool because this weekend it's going to be hot hot hot!"
- "Candy : Moira, this morning I'm reporting from Vatican City, home of Pope Benedict the 16th."
- "Give my regards to Pope Benedict!"
- "What kind of weather can the Pope expect this weekend?"
- "And besides, when Michelangelo agreed to paint the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel for Pope Julius the second did it harm his reputation?"
Still having difficulties with 'Pope'? Want to improve your English? Try our online English lessons and receive a free level assessment.
Do you have smart way of remembering 'Pope'? Share it with us!